Friday, November 12, 2010

A Trip to the Library

After a week of being sick, the boys and I were anxious to get out of the house and back to our regular life. Being sick stinks ... but I suppose I don't have to tell any of you that, do I?

Mike is working a lot lately. He's picked up a second seasonal job to help out with Christmas and then has a third job plowing snow. He's a busy man and we love him for how hard he works to support his family. But without him sometimes I'm lost as a parent. There's no one there to back me up or to lend a hand. And being cooped up inside the house makes the boys stir crazy so that they act out more than usual, especially since daddy isn't here to discipline them (because we all know that this mommy is a pushover). So in an effort to make the days a bit brighter around these parts I've been wracking my creative brain for small activities and adventures for the boys and I to go on.

With a school library, Scholastic book order forms coming home in Brayden's book bag every month, and an outpouring of older hand me down books for the boys from my little brothers, we are not often without a book at our fingertips in this house. I suppose that's probably why it never crossed my mind until Saturday to take the boys to our public library.








At the end of the day Gage decided on checking out a big fat book full of Thomas the Tank Engine stories (after he thoroughly looked and each and every Thomas book the library had) and Brayden choose, one of my favorites, Where the Sidewalk Ends. All and all it was a good day at the library.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, how cute that he had to have his Thomas!! And Where the Sidewalk Ends!! We read that one a lot! <3!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please let us know you stopped by.