Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Here For the Food





Yep, I'm kissing a spatula. Pinky's my favorite one. The other seven get a little jealous.

I'm Natalie. I love cooking, tinkering on my computer, and dabbling in photography. Lucky for me I found the perfect hobby that combines all of my fetishes: food blogging. I'm the author of Perrys' Plate -- a collection of recipes from family, friends, cookbooks, websites and watching too much Food Network. Occasionally I throw something out there that I created myself. Those are lucky days.

My husband, Steve Perry (yes, we love Journey jokes), and I are coming up on six years of marriage. Our friendship, dating, and early years of marriage were a giant, international rollercoaster with a military deployment, and four different occasions where we said good-bye, not knowing when or if we'd see each other again. Things always work out for the best, though, and all of those rough/lonely/stressful times were worth it because I ended up with the man of my dreams. Luckily things have settled down and we're living in California while Steve finishes chiropractic school.

I'm a full-time mom to two entertaining little girls. Sophie (2) loves snowmen, butterflies, yellow M&M's, and doting on her little sister. She's my feisty, independent one -- kinda like her mom. Ivy (6 mo) is a cuddly momma's girl who adores her big sister. Her ginormous smile always gives me fuzzies on the inside.

As far as non-food related interests go, the list of things I used to do has been growing since I've had children, like snow skiing, traveling, sleeping in, and fitting into certain pairs of jeans. While I've never been very athletic (a shame that my 5'9" frame and long arms were never used for any sport involving a ball), I enjoy playing the piano and shopping of all kinds. I also enjoyed traveling and have spent almost two years of my life in Europe. I loved it so much I graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Geography: Travel & Tourism Emphasis, and a minor in German. I should also receive the award for the world's most useless diploma for a stay-at-home mom. Oh, well, at least I graduated, right?

Being a mom is the toughest, yet most rewarding experience of my life, and I'm excited to share some of my own experiences with you. (As well as something yummy to nosh on!)

See you around!