Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Given Name is Holly...........


But in my house, I'm referred to as Babe (by my husband), Hey and Mommeeeeeeeeee (most commonly said in a high pitched squealing voice; those are the best). You may come to know me as the Snarky Mama but I'm okay with that because I resemble that remark.

I'm the mother of two girls (4 and 2) and live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. If you'd told me ten years ago that I would have been a stay-at-home-mom, I would have laughed and then insisted that you take it back! I knew I wanted kids (someone told me it would be rewarding) but I always thought I'd have a career too. But after suffering for years doing Accounting, I chose the lesser of the two evils and decided to stay home with the chicklets and it is BY FAR the hardest, worst paying job I've ever had. I'm still holding out the hope that someday I'll reap those rewards. Maybe grandkids and a kick-@$$ retirement home/spa.

So, now I stay home with the girls and run my side business Winklepots. When I'm not chasing children, I'm painting clothing or making korker bows. Someday I'd also like to play with polymer clay and make jewelry too. We shall see.

I look forward to getting to know you, so feel free to post comments or convo anytime. I also have another blog, in case you can't get enough of my snarkiness here; Winklepots and Random Thoughts. Thanks for stopping by! :o)