Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grilled Corn Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, & Feta

I'm a sucker for fresh corn in the summer. My all-time favorite way of making fresh corn is turning it into Elote, or Mexican corn on the cob. But when I don't feel like getting my face covered in cheese and sauce, this flavorful, fresh bowl of happiness hits the spot.

I have two other recipes for similar corn salad/salsa type dishes on my blog. (This one and this one.) I think the one below has an edge on the other two with the addition of cucumber and avocado and could stand alone much better as a salad. (But would also be fantastic over grilled chicken or fish.) I used what I had on hand (one of those clean-out-the-produce-drawer situations), but you could substitute just about anything. In fact, I almost named this one, "Grilled Corn and Whatever Salad," but that sounded a little apathetic. I really do love this combination.

IMG_6240


Grilled Corn Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, & Feta
by Natalie

4 ears of corn, grilled 
1/2 of an English cucumber, diced
1/2 of an avocado, diced
3 jarred roasted red peppers, diced (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 green onions, sliced thinly
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
juice from 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
couple pinches of cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Remove kernels from corn cobs and place in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. That's it.

Nat's Notes:
1. You can certainly boil the cobs or warm up some frozen corn in a skillet with a bit of oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know you stopped by.