Thursday, March 25, 2010

Speed Bumps


Every week here on the Dramalogues I usually go the aww my kids are so sweet and parenting is so great path. And as wonderful as that is, life is not like that all of the time. We hit speed bumps and jump hurdles and sometimes we crash and burn. We struggle. We fail. And it's usually not so pretty.

Don't misunderstand here, writing about the joys of my children and life is incredible, but I think that's why we blog and I don't think it's strictly the tales of happiness and blessings that draw us to read the blogs that we do.

So I think that I'm going to get real now.

I struggle with raising two very rambunctious and active little boys while being sick and having no energy. I hate that I can run around with then or after them and I don't feel like I'm as close to their lives as I used to be a few months ago.

I struggle with having a husband with an odd work schedule that seems to be throwing parts of our marriage of course. Mike is long gone and well into his work day when the children and I get up around 7am each morning. He is usually fast asleep sometime around 8 or 9pm and anymore it seems like the only time we spend together is with the children, leaving no time to devote to our marriage.

I struggle with anxiety and can't do a lot of the things that so many people take for granted without having a panic attack and losing it. It's affected the way that I live my life and is trickling down to the way my family is living theirs and it's not fair.

What do you struggle with moms? What is the nitty gritty that goes on in your day to day?

2 comments:

  1. What a real post, I have been having one of those days all week! I guess we all feel a little overwhelmed with life sometimes (especially when we are sick)I completely understand and can totally relate to feeling like my problems affect my children and I am helpless to prevent it. I hope things get better!
    P.S. that picture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I wish you lived near me. We can thrust our kids in the backyard to get their energy out, and then be our anxiety-ridden selves together, with no judgment. And we can make jewelry. Oooh... that sounds like the best day ever.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please let us know you stopped by.