Friday, July 30, 2010

The Fortune Teller Hath Spoken

This morning poor Brayden was bored. The kind of bored where sidewalk chalk was "lame" and watching a dvd was "ugh". So being the awesome mom that I am, I broke down and gave the kid a piece of my scrapbook paper and together we made a childhood staple.

The Fortune Teller.

You know, you fold a piece of paper like so and then fold it over again a few more times until viola, you have a paper piece of fun whose joys can entertain even the unlikeliest of subjects.


Yes, today was a fortune teller kind of day, with fortunes like:

When you grow up you're going to be a pirate. Argggh!
Ooops! You fell off of a cliff. Game over.
Yay! You get to clean your room today.
There's a spider on your shoulder. Made you look.

Ummm, can you tell that I wrote the fortunes inside?

Want to make a fortune teller of your very own and don't know how? Then click here.
You have to love cheap entertainment!

3 comments:

  1. Oops you fell of a cliff - game over... hahahahahha! that is so cute!!!

    Awesome idea! I loved fortune tellers when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those and loved them too as a kid. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I'm going to have to go get some scratch paper....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I spent more time playing with these things than I did watching TV when I was little. FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please let us know you stopped by.